Saturday, December 28, 2019

Machine Dreams - Conscious realities and what we see with our eyes

I am taking this time with coffee and icy outside of the window to brush up on some thought patterns which I haven't touched in a while. The ability for me to have this at my fingertips while I drink my morning coffee may very well be what propels our minds into the future, or destroys us.

Joscha Bach has something for those who are but the least bit curious about what we perceive opposite of blind perception. What do you perceive?




"Many of us when we try to understand anything in the world we do so because we think something needs to be debugged. Our self concept might actually be an attempt for our system to debug itself. At some point the baby thinks the world is pleasure and pain and then it realises that pleasure and pain is not a feature of the world but of itself. At some point it realises that it's not a direct representation. For instance, you might realise that you cut yourself and it hurts a lot but it's only a very tiny cut and you need to downplay this. You realise that it's a signal that is very strong, not objective reality, you do this step by step and at some point you get to the point where you realise "I'm not my values, I'm not this person anymore". It's a process of reverse engineering and you make a model of yourself."

- Joscha Bach during Q and A of Machine Dreams (33c3)

Want more Joscha?: http://bach.ai

No comments:

Post a Comment